Irvine High School health office operates during the school day with a qualified nurse.
Health office does not require a doctor note, but requires it upon teacher request. Phone call/submitting a note can excuse absences.
Please remember to include the school nurse in any e-mail you send to the teachers, counselors or assistant principals regarding your student that has health related information.
Should your child stay home?
- Temperature 100 degrees and above
- Students have to be fever free without the use of pain relievers (ex. Tylenol or ibuprofen) for at least 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea. Student may return to school 24 hours after last episode
- Uncontrollable, infectious cough
- Suspected communicable disease(ex. Cellulitis,Zika)
- Suspected infection of the eyes (i.e. conjunctivitis), nose, throat (i.e. strep throat), skin (i.e. scabies), or scalp (i.e. lice)
- A rash of unknown origin – student may return to school when written authorization is received from the health care provider