Welcome to the Irvine High Counseling Department Website. Our mission is to provide academic, personal and social, and college and career planning support to all students. The Irvine High Counseling Team works collaboratively with all students, parents, administration, teachers, and the community to prepare students for their post-high school goals. We look forward to working with our students and families this school year.
For more information about the Counseling Department, please see our Spring Semester Newsletter.
who is my counselor?
Each student is assigned to a TA class which they follow from grades 9-12. Each TA teacher is paired with a counselor. Click here to determine who your counselor is.
Click on Counseling Staff for each counselor's contact information.
THREE REASONS TO SEE YOUR COUNSELOR:
We provide support for students in their academic classes, course selection, and meeting graduation requirements. Please see the link for more resources: Academic
We provide support for students regarding any personal social concern. We collaborate with our Wellness Coordinator, Project Success Counselor, and community resources to help families in need. Please see the link for more information: Personal/Social
College & Career
We provide support for students regarding college applications, career exploration, college testing, financial aid information/scholarships, and more. Please see the link for more information and resources: College & Career
schedule adjustment process
Students have received Course Request Confirmation in their Advisement period on Monday, May 13th. Please see the Course Contract for specific instructions on how to adjust the course list if necessary. Contracts are due back to Advisors on Friday, May 17th with parent/guardian signature.
- ROP classes are available to students (age 15 and older) both on and off campus. Students should see Mrs. Voisinet in the Life Center for opportunities for next year.
- If the course request list includes “see your counselor”, "underenrolled", or "overenrolled", the student should see his/her counselor during office hours:
- Before School Tuesday-Friday
- Between 3rd and 4th period
- During lunch on Tuesday and Thursday
- During morning break
- Students who have misplaced their contract may request a reprint in the Upstairs Office.