Please see the link below regarding important things to know during the Junior year:
Parent "Chat with the Counselor"
April 25, 2023
In case you missed our "Chat with the Counselor", please click HERE to view the recording.
MANDATORY Junior Seminar
May 22, 2023
Please see this LINK for the PowerPoint presentation.
Click this LINK for the PowerPoint presentation.
Applying to Private Schools and Letters of Recommendation Presentation
May 24th, 2023
Click this LINK for the PowerPoint presentation
College Admissions Testing
Please click this FLYER for answers to FAQ's regarding SAT/ACT for rising seniors (Class of 2022)
11th Grade Counseling Presentations
All junior students will attend an 11th Grade Counseling Presentation during their Social Science class during February. The Presentation covered the three counseling domains: ACADEMIC,PERSONAL-SOCIAL, CAREER and how the counseling program is structured around these domains.
The students will learn:
ACADEMIC (GRADUATION AND COLLEGE INFORMATION)
- Irvine High School Diploma and College/University Entrance Requirements
- College Prep Requirements (Minimum vs. Recommended)
- Higher Education Options (Community College, CSU. UC, and Private University Systems)
- Senior Year Planning (Graduation, Educational, and Career Goals)
- Standardized Testing Information and Timeline
- College Planning
- College Search Activity
- Discussion on Decisions, Goals, and Conflict Resolution
- All students will receive an overview of the LIFE Center (Irvine College and Career Center)
- Information on NAVIANCE where students can begin their career research