The links to the right will provide you accesses to several resources you can utilize to learn about and apply for financial aid and scholarship.
Scholarships for SENIORS
To be eligible for consideration, a student must be a graduating high school senior in good academic standing who attended Canyon View Elementary School for one full academic year. Please see application and instructions HERE
There are three scholarships that will be awarded for $500 each. The criteria are as follows:
- Must be a full-time student applying for full-time status at an accredited educational or vocational institution in the fall of 2021.
- Must be a female student currently enrolled at an Irvine High School.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or a counselor’s recommendation.
- Must have demonstrated community service and leadership.
- May not be a member of National Charity League.
Please click HERE for the application and instructions.
At the high school level, students begin to face ethical decisions that may impact the rest of their lives. They serve as role models whose moral compass not only guides their actions, but also influences those around them. Your Better Business Bureau (BBB) seeks to honor ethical students for doing the right thing with the Ethical Torch Essay Scholarship. Students are often faced with ethical dilemmas in school, at work, or within their social circles.
When faced with a situation or circumstance where there is a choice to be made, how will they respond? This essay prompts students to describe resolution tactics for their unique encounters with “The Importance of Ethics and Integrity in our Community.” Essays should not exceed 400 words. Opportunity is open to students in grades 9 - 12. Winners will be recognized and receive their scholarships at the Torch Awards for Ethics awards virtual ceremony, which takes place late October 2021.
Scholarships range from $500-$1,500.
In addition, below is a link to the BBB website, video and the online application along with the program flyer.
BBB Ethical Torch Essay Scholarship Program: (Grades 9-12)
The winning student will not only receive $500 for tuition and/or books, but they will also win an award of $500 for their school!
Eligibility and application details:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a high school or college student attending an accredited U.S. college or university in 2022
- Provide answers to 3 essay questions (each answer to be under 300 words)
Please click HERE for application and more information.
Financial Aid Night Presentation Materials
Please see the information below from our Virtual Financial Aid Night.
Watch the Webinar HERE